Saturday, April 12, 2008

Well, things are up and down - 245.8 today, not bad at all, but then followed by partying tonight at a bar. My cousin's "rest of your life diet" (check this site: http://www.extremelysmart.com/andmodest/loseweight.php) suggests that my eating habits be guided by one shining principle, which is whether I want to eat/drink/do this behavior for the rest of my life. In this case, the behavior is once a week have donuts from Dunkin, and once a week go out to a bar with friends and have a couple of beers. Yep, those ARE two things I want to do until I'm 100.

So, okay, how to compensate? Well, Mary points out that this isn't rocket science - more food = more weight, unless compensated for with exercise. So if I want to do this for the rest of my life, I must plan for the rest of my life to exercise to counteract. Well, okay, now I can say I'm ready to make that trade. I was not even 2 weeks ago, but I am now.

Except. Except that yesterday and today I was feeling punk, under the weather, etc, and DIDN'T exercise.

This balancing act is tricky. I guess I'd be willing to compensate by eating less tomorrow and the next day, or at least more veg and fewer carbs, and then really exercise when I'm able. Okay, that sounds reasonable.

The overarching question - do skinny people have to go through this kind of algebraic rigamarole, or do they just do such things instinctively?

Anyway, the party was fun, much money was raised for the Avon cancer walk team, and my spouse's band played well and were well-received. I'll just go with that for now. : )

245.8. Woo!

No comments: