Wednesday, April 9, 2008

fat day and its effects

Okay, so I'm having a fat day. You know fat days, some of you - tired for no good reason, all food looks good, clothes seem tight in some new places...sometimes fat days are brought on by premenstrual or just plain menstrual body effects, but not mine today. I'm just feeling bleh. My stomach is full of protein from supper so I'm not in fact hungry, but I do have that "all foods look good" issue so I'm squirreled away up here on the blog.

Besides, the consequences of giving in are, at this point, actually noxious enough to keep me here and not there. I really don't want to eat the cupcakes until they're gone - I really will not feel better and it won't help. I'm reading my dear friend's latest novel for her, a draft to be sent off, and the main character is an emotional eater to a T - turns out that I'm not so much emotional as bored or just visually stimulated to eat. If it's on the counter and is tasty, I want it. But I don't run off to eat to make myself feel better, at least not very often.

So my eating is more reaction to stimuli than to emotional desire. I wish the fat cells generated from that would be smaller than the other kind, but no, still in the same boat.

1 comment:

Marilyn Brant said...

I had this day, too, this week. For me, it was the "2-bite brownies" on the counter. Just seeing them sitting there...I couldn't stop from grabbing one (or four) each time I walked by.

And I couldn't help but think: What if I didn't have them right there, out in the open? Perhaps they wouldn't have "called to me" then...

Such a potentially simple solution, one would think. And, yet, another part of me WANTED them, was CHOOSING them, was RESPONDING to their call :-).