Friday, April 18, 2008

To misquote James Brown:

I don't feel good, and I DIDN'T know that I would(n't)! Okay, it's mangled, but the point is this - I have had a junkfood weekend, and I am surprised to find out that eating junk makes me feel like junk. Now, why wouldn't I know that at the ripe ol' age of 41? Well, I can't remember a time of being mindful enough of my body to feel and observe these effects, nor do I remember a time of eating so healthfully followed by such bad choices based on impulse.

So it's another Monday, another chance to turn back to the right eating path, and now I know WHY I'm doing it aside from the intellectual reasons. I just feel yucky when I eat yucky, and I actually don't enjoy it! This is new - the taste experience is really not worth the cost of feeling crappy on the other side. I need to remember that feeling - I know I will forget, because I'm a food addict, but I want to remember this discovery.

No comments: