Wednesday, May 28, 2008

It wasn't supposed to be like this

And that pretty much says it. It's 2008, and though I fantasized a year ago that I'd be slim, or at least slimmER, by the time the dreaded bathing suit season reared its ugly head AGAIN, I'm not, and it's here. sigh.

I did manage to get myself into an exercise routine, thanks to Heather and her "House of Pain" as I lovingly call it, and I am feeling better that way. I've exercised either 4 or 5 days straight in the last 3 weeks, missing only days that I had a kid out of school and couldn't go. My friends are excited for me and impressed with my dedication, and I am too. I felt for the first time today that things ARE getting easier, I actually did the entire "I want THOSE buns" video today along with the abs. So that's not a small thing, and I celebrate that!

But of course - I have lost SO much weight, if you count losing and gaining the same pounds over and freakin' over. I have changed something, but as someone I was reading pointed out, it's easier to add new behaviors than it is to subtract old ones, so I've added excercise but haven't removed bad eating habits. Just thinking about it is hard - I know that's the next piece, I just have to do that, now that I'm in a good groove with exercise.

So okay, I'll work on that. But DAMMIT, why didn't I listen to folks 100 pounds ago who were trying to tell me with research or kind words or sage advice that this was gonna be so damn hard to do??

No comments: